How to dress?
- Make sure to wear something you’re comfortable in. If you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing, you’ll look more comfortable in the photos.
- Wear clothes that are complementary in style and color, but don’t match too much. For example, you could both wear shades of green and blue.
- Bring a change of clothes if you want a different look. More dressy, or dressed down.
- Patterns go out of style quickly, and the background usually has enough texture that patterns can sometimes make the photos too busy.
- If you want to have your dog in some of the photos, it would be best to have a friend come along to watch him/her while we are taking other shots.
Other Things to Remember:
- The best time for photos is in the evening when the light is soft, and we have the chance of getting a sunset.
- We’ll send a questionnaire to help decide on any themes, locations, props, etc. You’ll give us a basic idea with your questions and we’ll finalize everything from there. Or if you have any great ideas, we’d love to hear them!
- If there is something you want us to avoid photographing it helps if you let us know. That way I can work with you to keep the scar, tattoo, part in your hair, or whatever you want me to keep out of the pictures out.
- Be ready and willing! Sometimes we come up with ideas while on the shoot. If you trust us, we promise you’ll love the photos!
What’s a session with Chris + Allie like?
- It’s a good time. Think of it more like a double date, and less of smiling to the camera. Be yourself, just have fun.
- You’ll end up with somewhere between 50-80 photos, touched up and ready for mass distribution. Turn around time is less than a week.
- Curious to see a session in action? Check out the video directly below.
A basic breakdown of your milestones with us.
- You just booked! – Time to schedule your engagement session (and any other extra sessions).
- 7 days after engagement session – Your images will be posted online, and a download link of all hi-res images will be emailed to you with permission to print. Do know this link expires within 7 days, so please download it as soon as possible and make sure to save it to your computer and/or a CD.
- 45 days before – The guestbook proof will be emailed for your approval (if you are getting one).
- 30 days before – The final balance is due.
- 1-2 weeks before – We will meet with you to go over final details, preferably over coffee or dinner (or via phone).
- A couple days out – We’ll touch base, making sure you are remembering to breathe!
- Day of – Woo Hoo! It’s your day; live it up. Enjoy it!
- Return from Honeymoon (7 days usually) – The album proof will be emailed to you for your approval. If getting an album, this will be the first thing you see. We do not post any images on Facebook or our blog before you get to see them yourself.
- 10-14 days after - All your pictures will be posted on thereasonishop.com for 90 days. A trailer of your video will also be available at this time (if you’ve chosen this add-on).
- 6-8 weeks after – Your new, fresh-smelling album can be in your hands if the approval process is short.Creation of your album takes about 4-5 weeks from the date you make the final approval. (Please note: if your album is not approved within 45 days, the design will be sent as-is). Along with receiving your album, you’ll also get your hi-res image DVD at this time. If you wish to receive the hi-res image DVD prior to your album, we can send it early for an additional $250. When you receive your DVD, please remember to make an extra copy and keep it in a safe place. If the video option was chosen, your full length edit on appleTV and DVDs will be delivered at this time as well.
- 3 months after – Oh no, you’re online proofing gallery on thereasonishop.com is about to expire! Call grandma and make sure she gets her order in.
- 1 year after – Happy Anniversary! Remember to double check that you have your hi-res image DVD stored in a safe place as we now are no longer liable to keep your images on our system. We’ve never deleted any of our weddings, and will never do so voluntarily. This is just where our liability for your images ends from a legal stand point only. We always keep a crazy amount of backups in multiple locations, so chances are we will always have your images if you ever need them.
How to access or share your photos:
- All our galleries by default are password protected, if you want us remove the password, that can easily be done.
- Visit the shop button underneath the resources menu option, or simply click here.
- Locate the gallery you are wanting to view, and using the password given to you via notification email of that gallery, log on in.
- The numbers assigned to photos in the gallery, will be the same ones you can reference in album upgrading/editing.
Our fun observations about our clients:
- You’re as comfortable kissing each other as rough-housing and rolling around in the grass.
- You often prefer the joy of cooking together (and sometimes burning the food in the process) than playing it safe and going to Olive Garden.
- Music is a shelter and a love language for you.
- A fancy camera is probably on your wedding registration.
- Polaroids are cool.
- You have or wish you had a Mac… and an iPhone.
- There’s nothing tacky about Saved by the Bell. Its re-runs are still one of the best reasons to get up at 7am.
- You can smile through tears.
A few of the wonderful people we are blessed to work with:
- Make-up and hair. The super, beautiful and talented Tiffany Stone. We met her at one of our weddings, shot her wedding, and have been great friends ever since. She’s simply the best. Love, love, love her. Here’s her site. www.mirrormirrormakeupartistry.com
- Flowers. Tulip Blooming Creations. We met these folks at Courtney + Russell’s wedding, and we’re simply blown away. The amount of detail and originality in their work is bar none. Here’s their site. www.bytulip.com
- Photobooth. OMGbooth. Again, like Tiffany, Mose + Shekita had their wedding shot by us. Soon after their wedding they started their photobooth company, and the kind of stuff they do is just plain sick. Seriously, you have to check them out. www.omgbooth.com
- Wedding Planner. They make our job so much easier. That’s why we love them so much. And one of the best is Nicole from Peachtree Weddings and Events. Visit her at www.peachtreeweddings.com
- Venues. It’s a tie between our absolute favorite venues in Georgia. One is Neverland Farms. The owner Suzy is the nicest person you’ll ever meet. Wedding we’ve done there recently: Courtney + Russell. Another favorite venue is the beautiful Fair Weather Farms. You’ll get your own (huge) cabin and run of the land. Wedding we’ve done there recently: Corey + Ryan. Both venues offer amazing experiences for your wedding and they’re so great to work with.